Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Green and Red graphics ?

• Please log in to reply

Maelynia

Maelynia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, everyone!
My friend is having a problem with some graphics on his computer. Neither of us know what to do, so I'm hoping someone here knows what's going on =) :tazz:

So far it's mainly happening in games, but he has told me that it has also happened once or twice on the desktop/in other applications. I can't really describe the problem, but I have these two screenshots, thumbnailed for size:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are from the game Guild Wars and, if you know what the game looks like, it certainly isn't supposed to be that =/ He said that the graphics problem had started sometime after installing the latest DirectX (DirectX 9.0c) but it wasn't *exactly* when it was installed.. The problem started occuring a few days after and, as he recalls, no settings/drivers/anything had been changed that day. He has changed hard drives once since the start of this problem; It has happened on both with the same settings.

He couldn't tell me all his system specs, but I do know that he runs Windows XP and has a 64MB ATI Mobility Radion 9000 video card with the latest video drivers. I can find out more specs if needed.

Please, if anyone recognizes this problem or knows any suggestions that might fix it, help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read through this =)

~Mae

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have him update his graphix drivers...and if he can...either update...or rollback direct x....if he's not capable of running 10...tell him to go back to 8..or whatever was installed orriginally....

maybe he just enabled the "sissy" version of guild wars? heheheh