Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dos Game Help

• Please log in to reply

HyDekar

HyDekar

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey Guys,

Got a bit of a prob. I got my hands on one of my favourite Dos games that I used to play years ago. Jazz Jackrabbit ;)

Problem is, I can't get it to run. In windows, it just closes a few seconds after the screen goes black. In Dos, it says something about a Runtime error...

I would rather get it to work in Windows (ME), so if any of you have any ideas on how to get this great dos game to run for me, give us a holler :tazz:

Advertisements

AL...

AL...

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey there

You could try making a simple boot disk and copying the game files to it and run from there or turn on winme's DOS by.....
DOS me up

It worked on my "ME" system without any hicup's. Well so far (9 months or so).

Hope it help's :tazz:

morfius

morfius

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
no dos or ME games work on XP because microsoft made it they got rid of dos - some reliability or speed issue. I have quite a few older games which i enjoy but i unfortunately can't play them on XP because they require MS-DOS

jimbobx4

jimbobx4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the exact same problem.
Below is a post from another forum that solved it for me.
However, I am running this in an old version of Dos, not trying it in ME.

You run this executable patch on the JAZZ. EXE PROGRAM and it runs fine after that.

Good luck.

Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 12:16:42 -0400

Hi Rodolphe,

If that game was created on a Borland Pascal compiler
it's possible that your computer is too fast to run it. Try
this patch: http://www.brain.uni...ad.html#TpPatch

--