Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory upgrade

• Please log in to reply

ohhbob

ohhbob

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I've been trying to upgrade the memory in my Pavilion XL844. It came with 64Mb originally, and I increased it to 192 years ago. Now I want to throw in another 256 but am having problems. I have the same type - 100/133 Mhz SDRAM, and HP says that matching is not required.
The first attempt gave me all sorts of weird lockups and freezes - I thought I had a virus until it occurred to me it was probably bad memory. Viola, removing the chip stopped the lockups. I exchanged the chip for another, and am now getting blue screens flash and the system continuously reboots. I caught the following error: IRQL not less than or equal to. Any ideas?

Ohhbob

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
either y ou've got bad ram...or it's not compatable...

http://www.crucial.c...XL844&submit=Go does your new ram meet these specs?

also...have you tried booting with JUST the new ram in?