Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse pointer locks up on screen.

• Please log in to reply

coxfam

coxfam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am currently running Window XP and recently my mouse pointer has been locking up on the screen. Although the pointer is locked up on the screen and apears not to move, I am still able to highlight objects with the mouse. If I go in and enable cursor trails I can see where my mouse actually is, however the original locked up mouse is still sitting in the middle of the screen. I am presently using a Logitch optical usb mouse and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have also tried swapping out the usb mouse for a standard mouse. Niether one has helped the issue. I have ran Norton system doctor and window doctor as well as antivirus too. I have came to the end of my ideas to correct this issue. Any help would be appreciated as this has been happening numerous times each day. :tazz:

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well in the past I've seen issues with certain video/mice/monitor driver combinations... you might want to try updating your video driver and your monitor driver. you said you uninstalled the mouse driver..... is that one that came with it or are you using the basic windows one. If the driver is one that came with it try removing it and using just the basic mouse driver included with windows....

coxfam

coxfam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried both the standard xp mouse driver and reinstalling the logitech drivers that came with the mouse, niether one helped. I have also just retrieved new video drivers for the computer but not sure if I needed to do anything extra to install them. :tazz:

Edited by coxfam, 24 February 2006 - 06:36 PM.