1. I am getting ready to label the power cords and power modules as old and new but have not completed that yet.
2. I installed the UPH Clean Utility.
3. I sent you the Everest Attachment.
4. The Compaq Presario 1510US Laptop was purchased about 3 years ago at Fry's Electronics in Fremont, CA with a 5 performance guarantee. I had the memory replaced at the Fry's Concord Store and I asked for the hard drive to be upgraded from the original 40 Gig to as large as the the machine would accept. The result was 100 Gig.
5. When this was being done I first asked to have the machine upgraded to Windows XP Professional at the Concord Store. That was done. I just called the tech who did the XP Professional Install. He said he went to the HP Website to get drivers. The machine on the front shows Presario 1500 not 1510US. Is it possible he could have used the 1500 label and got the wrong drivers?
6. The way I thought was appropriate to find the correct drivers was to go the HP site, select notebooks, select Compaq (vs. HP), then let the site identify the model. Then download the drivers from there.
7. I will go to the HP website according to your post and download those drivers beginning with the Synaptics Touchpad Driver. I will post again when the driver download and power supply change is complete.