Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ipod Mini's

• Please log in to reply

M4d$k1llz

M4d$k1llz

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello, I bought my ipod mini easter of last year. It has had a fair few drops (not by me) and has 2 small dents, and a chip in the screen, and it sometiems resets when i turn it on, which is harmless, just takes longer to turn on, and clock is reset etc. However last night, i pluggeed it in to charge + add the new album i got onto it, but i said "ipod is full and cannot update your ipod." so i removed LOADZ of music from it by unchecking loadz, and it still said the same error, after restarting pc, ipod, etc still same problem, and when i clicked on "James' ipod" tab in itunes, all the music had a small "!" mark next to it, (meaning it's source was not found)

So, now, i unplug it, try and listen, and the music just skips though 1 track persecond, because it can't locate the music on the harddisk, (im guessing)

so my ipod refueses to update... and can't play music... bizzarre :tazz:,

Today i had another go at fixing it, restored my ipod, redownload ipod updater, and itunes, they were all uptodate and now my ipod is blank, i unselect all music and choose 2gb of songs i want to add to my ipod (4gb capacity (well 3.9gb to be exact)) and it starts updating fine, says it's finished i look at it, and it only has my arrtists up to "E" and i checked my itunes and it should go up to S, for Slayer and Slade, but it doesn't ... i dissconnect and stuff and it thinks it's updated it all.. but hasn't ...

What's the verdict, anyone have ideas how to fix it? And can i get a new one even thought my old one's condition is "poor" ??

and now this second, i have just got an error up (while just playing music with ipod plugged in and charging)

attempting to copy the disk "JAMES' IPO"failed. And unknown error occured (-69).

Edited by M4d$k1llz, 24 February 2006 - 04:34 PM.

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
I would take it into a local Apple Store, they have techs on site that can look at it. And for a fee that will replace your mini with a refurbished one. But in some cases it might be cheaper to buy a new one all together. I would go into the Apple store either way, they can give you teh best solution. Also...if you get a new one...you can get 10% off by giving them your old ipod...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I wouldnt get another ipod though, the creative and sony mp3 players are much better.