Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help me. I have a very big BIOS problem.

• Please log in to reply

j_harris

j_harris

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, Well. I have been upgrading my computer quite a bit. I bought a new graphics card and it would not work without me turning off my on-Board graphics card in the BIOS. I did this but somehow my drivers for the new graphics card got deleted. And you can only guess my problem. The new graphics card does not work, Plus my on-board one has been disabled. :tazz: I need to know if there is any way that I can possibly reset it to default settings without being able to see anything. Otherwise I will have to fork over $400 + on a new mother board and proccessor. Please any help will be greatly appreciated. If you want to E-mail me my address is [email protected]. Thank you for your help.

Edited by j_harris, 25 February 2006 - 12:47 AM.

Advertisements

j_harris

j_harris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey it's me again. I was also wondering if there might be a way for me to create some sort of a .exe file to burn to a CDR that when inserted into the computer is able to change my BIOS settings for me at the start up of the computer. If that is at all possible please notify as soon as you can. I really am starting to go through a very big FFXI deprivation. I need my fix man! Lmao. Thanks for any help you can offer me.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You can restore bios defaults, usually accomplished by a jumper on the motherboard or by removing the CMOS battery. Refer to your motherboard manual. If you don't have that, you need to know the make/model of the motherboard and go to the manufacturers web page and download a manual.

j_harris

j_harris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, Thanks for the help. I will try that ASAP. I really hope that works. If not I will just buy the new motherboard and processor. I gues it wont be to much of a loss. It will upgrade it up to 3.0 GHz. So thanks for the help. I will reply with what happens.