Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NERO WONT BURN DVDS OR CD'S

• Please log in to reply

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi,

I am trying to backup on DVD and CD and i cant burn on either. I have attached a screenshot. Could it be the motherboard as the dvd burner has been working fine.

Thanks

Andrew

Attached Thumbnails

• nero.JPG

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the installation source and product key, uninstall Nero

Then run this

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click optimize and improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Re-install Nero

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi,

All completed my computer seems allot faster but still get the ero error. I have tried the dvd write in both ide slots on the motherboard as well, and with new ide cables etc. oe thing i did notice is at the start it says caching files. Is this correct? Any ideas?

thanks

Andrew

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nero does this at the start of the burn sequence, is this Nero 6 or 7

Possibly worth trying the other version, whichever is the case

Are there any firmware updates for the DVD Writer

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for storage / optical drives

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi,

I flashed the dvd writer to version 3.06 and still get the same problem. it also wont burn when using the standard windows software.

Andrew