Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Multiplayer Patch

• Please log in to reply

ash1989

ash1989

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Does anyone have any news on the Call Of Duty 2 multiplayer PC patch? i heard it was supposed to have been released early feb, containing new maps and punkbuster. nothing has come out yet though. Rumours are flying around about the famous Harbor map being on there. :tazz:

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
No patch out yet. Only the patch for supporting dual core processors.

ash1989

ash1989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
yeah, i have the dual core processor. it made my game look a little nicer, but not nothing extraordinary. did anyone get really good results from the dual core patch?

ash1989

ash1989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
News just in. Taken from http://www.cod2-center.com

Call of Duty Community:

As you recall, back in December, we announced plans to incorporate Punkbuster, as well as offer some MP maps to the PC version for Call of Duty 2. We’re happy to report that this PC update is currently in testing and all is going well. In fact, we are testing these now and will be releasing them soon, so stay tuned. With regards to the update, here are a few things to look forward to:

Punkbuster functionality
Two new multiplayer maps.
HTTP redirect in multiplayer, which adds an option for modders to send players to an external website to download their maps and mods.
Repair of multiplayer exploits and minor bug fixes

We’re also putting finishing touches on the map editing tools for the game and will have those out very soon as well.

Again, thank you for your support…and stay tuned for future updates!

- [iw] jRandom (aka Grant Collier)
- Infinity Ward

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
the actual cod2 site shows the downloads available

ash1989

ash1989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
no it doesnt. heres the link for cod2 patches

http://www.callofduty.com/patch_cod2/

the only one available at the moment is the dual core patch as far as i know. if for some reason the patch is out, then post a link. as far as i know, the patch is still not out. :tazz: