Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Security update KB900725

• Please log in to reply

MarkP

MarkP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

start > rrun
services.msc.
<enter>

scroll down to Automatic Updates service, right click and stop it

start > run, type
%windir%\SoftwareDistribution.
<enter>

Open the DataStore folder.

Delete all contents of the DataStore folder.
Close the window.

start > rrun
services.msc.
<enter>

scroll down to Automatic Updates service, right click and START it

try again

During extraction failure occured ?????????????? Have tried on save download & MS update site W.T.F.O. ?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
uhm, what?

After doing the above, you hit update and got that error message? Never seen that one before

MarkP

MarkP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

uhm, what?

After doing the above, you hit update and got that error message? Never seen that one before

W.T.F.O is old Navy, means What the (Frig), Over.
Again, I've had problems with extracting some downloads. Some say File is currupt. XP is great BUT for some reason I, my system, has problems. The good news is I haven't had any BSOD's of late. That in it self is a plus ! I know I need to add more memory, Commit at times exceeds Physical. OR Add a new DELL.
Tks for the help. I still waiting for MS Tech to get back to me. I sent her the same compressed file as I sent you. MAYBE they can give direction.

Mark