Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PHILIPS CDR/DVD CDD5263 NOT FOUND

• Please log in to reply

smiley77

smiley77

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 8600, which is 1.5 yrs old. A couple days ago, my Philips CDR/DVD CDD5263 driver wouldn't work. It is not showing the drive on "My Computer." I noticed a yellow ! next to the driver name. At first, I did troubleshooter and I recieved error code 41. After doing some research, I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling. Now I get error code 19. I can't find a driver update anywhere and don't know what to do next. I am scared - Please help!!! Thank you soooooooo much,

Kristen

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Try going to the cd drive manufacturer's web page and looking for a driver. You could also try Driver Guide at http://www.driverguide.com/

smiley77

smiley77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have tried looking in both places as well as the Dell website. None show an exact match for the Philips CDR/DVD CDD 5363. Any other suggestion?

Thanks for your help!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do this...

Go to Start/MyComputer... select Properties
In the Systems Properties window, select the Hardware tab, then Device Manager
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-Rom drives by clicking on the (+) sign
In the DVD/CD-Rom list, you should see your CDRom device... right-click on it and choose Uninstall

Restart your computer. XP should redetect your CDROM and reinstall the drivers.

smiley77

smiley77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
When I uninstall and windows reinstalls it, I still have a yellow ! next to the driver. The Device Manager "Device Status" says : "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" It used to have (code 41), now its 19..... any ideas now on how to fix it? Thanks sooooo much for the help by the way!!!!!!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok, it was worth a try without having to edit the registry... but it looks like you have no choice.

Go HERE and download CDgone Patch. Save it to your Desktop. Create a new folder on your desktop and unzip the downloaded CDgone Patch into the newly created folder.

There will be 3 files in the new folder... a Readme file and two registry (.reg) files... green icons. Double click on the reg file named EditReg and confirm OK to any message windows. Then right click on the reg file named cdgone and select Merge... again confirm OK to any message windows.

Restart your computer.

If you need any help following the instructions... just post back.

Edited by makai, 27 February 2006 - 03:08 PM.

smiley77

smiley77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
You people are BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! I don't know what I would do without you! Problem solved!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You're welcome... btw... we're not brilliant... we're GTG!!! :tazz:

podge2007

podge2007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys thanks I have exact same problem with exact same laptop and fixed problem cheers thanks a million saved me reloading laptop software

Pat

Lyrical

Lyrical

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you very much, that worked for me.

Edited by Lyrical, 10 March 2006 - 10:17 AM.

qwerty001

qwerty001

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My first post............thank you people so much! God I don't know what I would do about my computer problems without these people who really know what they're doing. Whoever wrote that patch, I absolutely love you, and whoever pointed it out as a fix........I love you too.

qwerty001

qwerty001

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I actually have one more question...........what exactly causes these problems with the computer not recognizing the DVD and CD-ROM drive? I played a weird DVD in it with its own software and I think that may be the cause, but now I'm reluctant to try watching the DVD again. Is there a way to force the DVD to play only with WMP or something to avoid these conflicts?

podge2007

podge2007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
well to avoid weird problems like this in windows thats the million dollar question make sure ya always have goood image backup of your drive and incremental backups separately of your mydocuments folder and your emails !

Pat

kutiz

kutiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey!
I have the same problem and I can't fix it.
I tried to do what you wrote here but it don't work.
could you send me the registry files that solved the problem to the others??

thank you very much!!!

Bru2al1ty

Bru2al1ty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem and adding an external dvd drive didn't work either; but the cdgone registry edit fixed it. I know this is a 3 year old thread but I wanted to give credit where it was due. The link seems to be broken but with a quick search on the Geeks to Go website for cdgone.reg it pulled up and was easy to download. Also after the edit don't forget to re-install any dvd/cd writing utility or package like nero. That helped to get my friend's HP ze4907wm laptop back on track.