Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo problems

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i want to launch radio cast on yahoo but my firewall wont let it through i have zonealarm does anyone know how i get it to allow it through :tazz:

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
how many firewalls do you ahve running at once?
thanx
James

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have one just zone alarm

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok i have no personnal experience with this firewall, do you know how to add an exception to the firewall if so please add the site to the exception list.
thanx
James

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
no i don't know how to do it with this firewall if someone knows can u tell me how

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
well i can look around if you tell me what firewall you ahve. ex:zonealarm, windows...ect.
James

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
zone alarm windows me what else do u need

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i'm meaning firewall, sry when i said windows up there i was refuring to weather or not you had xp with a firewall enabled however you don't have xp so thats not the case. I'll look around to find out how to create exceptions for zonealarm however i'm very busy at the moment and might take a day or two. In the mean time can you look on zone alarm and see if you can find anything do to with exceptions. If you find it, or if i don't respond back within 2 days please bump your topic so that i'll get an e-mail.
thanx
James

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok i have been looking around and as far as i can see you can add an exception. If i'm wrong with this please correct me. I want you to try to lower you security setting and let me know if it'll work, if not return them to normal.
thanx
James

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Hi Amber, I also have ZoneAlarm and use Launchcast. I do not experience the same problem as you. Therefore, I would not think you should need to set any exceptions. Which you cannot do unless you have a paid version anyhow. I would leave you with this link:
http://help.yahoo.co...ions/index.html
Try some of the topics there that seem relevant. Remember that you need to use Internet Explorer with it. If those solutions don't work, could you say what exactly happens when you try to use the service? What error message, etc.

Advertisements

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have the trail version of zone alarm for right now and i also tryed putting the settings down like you said and tryed it again but a error came up saying (error code 27 player windows.js)

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
also i can play the music videos on there just fine i don't know why i cann't play the launch radio

Edited by ambmy9, 28 February 2006 - 05:28 PM.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Double Click the ZoneAlarm icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Once it opens, click on Program Control on the left side of the window where it also has Overview, Firewall, etc... tabs. Once in program control, there'll be 2 tabs in the top right hand corner of the screen. Click on the second one (Programs) and then scroll down through the list and find your program. Left-Click in the access area under internet next to the program permissions you want to modify and set it to allow or ask.
Make sure that under server access, it is either Block or.. Ask.
You can do this for any other programs as long as you're careful. You can change this back anytime though. Just make sure you are only allowing what you know for SURE is a program that includes no malware or anything.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
it doesn't have yahoos launch cast radio on there it does have yahoo pager.exe it has it on allow and i don't know how to add it to it

Edited by ambmy9, 28 February 2006 - 08:36 PM.

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Okay, unfortunately my free trial of ZoneAlarm just expired, but I think if I remember correctly there is an option somewhere for an adblocker. This may be set too high, as you need to allow popups to work with the site. I think it is under privacy or something, but I just can't remember. Anyway, try looking for that and see if that helps. I'll try to think of something else in the meanwhile.