Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes

• Please log in to reply

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
i had iTunes on pause for about one night, i went out, came back and now it cant locate any of the songs, yet when i click locate songs, i can find it just fine and it works, but then i have to do it for EVERY SONG. any ideas on what happened and how to fix it?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Best suggestion i can give you is to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it.

Fenor

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
will i lose all my songs?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

will i lose all my songs?

No, only the installation files will be deleted during the uninstallation.

Fenor

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
well, i have all my songs into iTunes, and not backed up anywheres else, so if i delete iTunes, wont my songs go with it?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You won't lose the songs, but if you're that worried, then just install over the top of the old installation of iTunes. You could also find your songs and copy/paste them to another part of your hard drive and then copy them back after you are done uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Fenor