Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where is my faves folder ?

• Please log in to reply

deanbo

deanbo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have a simple question.

I have saved a site in my favourites and made it available offline to a depth of 3 and as it's mostly text it saved it fine.
My problem is i have NO Idea where on my Hard Drive this folder is ?

I've gone to docs+settings-user-favourites,but it doesn't seem to be in there and i was about 20 megs saved and 20 megs isn't there.
This is a single user PC[ME]with NO OTHER accounts and running XP Pro SP 2 with all current updates,and i'm on 2 meg ADSL.

I would just use search instead of bothering everyone,but i don't know what EXACTLY i should be searching for ?And no idea what to type in the search box.
I intend to delete the site from my faves after i've saved the info to disc as i just needed an easy way to save a site,which is why i chose this method.I've tried HTT website copier and others but i can't understand them,hence my faves.Thanks everyone. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you were on a web page and clicked favourites, add to favourites, make available offline, that's where it should be

[attachment=6809:attachment]

deanbo

deanbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yes Keith, but where is that on my hard drive ?

I want to remove it remember ? and save it to disc.

ie;

C\dos+settings\user\favourites just as an example

What is the usual pathway to the folder where XP puts these available offline folders.C\ ? what comes next ?

Probably didn't explain it very well the first time,hope that makes it clearer. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I clicked search, favorites (note spelling), include hidden and system files, you get two with stars, one is the folder, which you should be able to copy

deanbo

deanbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
That's sorted it damned american spelling :)

Thanks keith :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know