Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A keyboard letter keeps on repeating as if pressed

• Please log in to reply

jolan

jolan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help. My hp omnibook6000 on xp types the letter "e" by itself and can be temporarily stopped by pressing backspace. This keeps on repeating again and again. There are random times however that this does not happen, just like now. "normally" however, what appears in the search bars, texts are all eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Advertisements

killfc

killfc

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,

Does your e key feel the same as the other when you press it, is there more or less pressure when you tap it. if so you might have something bunged underneith the key or something. if no you will have to take the laptop apart and clean the keyboard connector with some isoclene or something similar that might fix the fault, otherwise you may have to splash out on a new keyboard.

jolan

jolan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Dale,
The keyboard feels fine. In fact ive tapped and shaken the laptop in every angle. Someteimes though, its the insert "ovr" key that keeps blinking thereby making editing so difficult cause I cant insert. This makes me think its software related. But I'm willing to try anything so i'm taking the keyboard apart. keep you posted. thanks.