Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashing/Not turning on problem!

• Please log in to reply

Artimecion

Artimecion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well i've got a new psu coming tomorrow- a nice 600w one, to prevent any under-power trouble. If this still carries on then ive got the warranty on the other stuff! If its not the psu, then i'll try the graphics card next =)

Advertisements

Artimecion

Artimecion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
sigh. well I put in the new PSU - its all cool and shiney! *ahem* anyhow, i seem to be able to play stuff without it crashing, although im still having the problem of my pc not restarting..
when i chose reset, it looks like it is going to but just remains blank, and just sticks and sits with the hdd light and dvd light on...
ive tried doing it with the graphics card out, but to no avail..
any further ideas?

Artimecion

Artimecion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
o.m.g i am just so stupid. sorted the no-restarting problem.
the CD i had in had a crc error on it, and for somereason the pc didnt like it being in there when it restarted - looks like it kept trying to read it for some reason. ejected the disk. problem solved.
Don't I feel stupid now!?

so yay! thanks for all the help, the pc is now working better than ever before, about 10C lower in temp AND i have a cool lit up case. =D

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting us know

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

• Pip
  • 4 posts
It does sound like a psu problem to me. Don't forget when you run a graphics card intensive game your psu will have to provide a lot more watts than when idling. That may be why it shuts down as the psu is on it's way out or not up to the job.