Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi 6.2 Drivers w/ CCC Problem

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hello,

I recently downloaded the 6.2 drivers from ATi so I can get the CCC. When I install the drivers successfully, it goes to installing CCC. During CCC's installation, I get an error message: 'Internal Error 2753. atishlx.exe'. I restart PC as prompted and do not see CCC anywhere. I contacted ATi and they told me to uninstall the drivers through Add or Remove programs which I did. When I got to CCC in the list and clicked remove, I got the same error about half-way through the uninstallation process and eventually the CCC does not uninstall. Also, installing the CCC led to slow start-up, even with all the services and startup items off (2 min. on welcome screen, 3-4 min. with a plain wallpaper). I am using Windows XP SP2 w/ a ATi X800 XL graphics card. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try the original drivers that came with the card see if CCC works with them first it may be a 6.2 issue its a R5xx driver primarily so the difference is minimal to non R5xx core gpu cards. After the older ccc is installed you can try the slightly newer ones although it could just be a 6.2 issue and youll find the 5.x series drivers work fine.

Also make sure you have the .net framework installed, easiest thing to do is just reinstall it.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Thanks. Any ideas about the slow start-up? I've tried registry mechanic, CCleaner, and TuneUp Utlities. I also tried defragging, and chkdsk.

Thanks again

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please use ati's uninstaller to make sure you have a cleaned up install. reboot and try the install again.

I would also suggest using drivercleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/, select all ati drivers.

also ccc recquires that you have dot net framwork 1.1 installed. you can check with windows updates to see ifyou have the correct version.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I have .NET Framework. The thing is, I CANNOT uninstall CCC. I get that error. Right now I don't even care about CCC as much as the slow start-up issue. I've done spyware scans and came up clean, used a lot of utilites and no difference. It's like explorer.exe is not initializing quick enough.

Thanks!