Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting a Laptop

• Please log in to reply

JerryJustin

JerryJustin

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Okay, I know I won't be building a laptop, but I thought this would go here best, as opposed to any other category.

I've made the mistake (twice) of buying some inexpensive laptop off of PriceWatch.com, only to wind up having it break after a few years. :tazz:

So, I thought I would ask here first if anyone knew of a good place to get a laptop. I will be using the laptop to do database stuff and lots of web design stuff, including Flash animations. (So I will need some kinda power behind this system, not just some horrendously expensive solitaire-machine / email-checker.)

I can get nonprofit and educational pricing, if that is a factor.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Jerry

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well with laptops its not where you get it its who makes it, because obviously price watch doesnt make laptops they just direct you to resellers.

Good laptop makers are Acer, sony, dell etc. lots, Acer or dell i would reccomend dell make rubbish desktops but there laptops are half decent and acer make really good laptops as well at good prices.