Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Problem with Panasonic

• Please log in to reply

rkamfar

rkamfar

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a Panasonic CF-Y2 with a Pentium M processor and an Intel 2200 BG Pro/Wireless internal wireless adaptor .. on the networking side I have a Linksys wireless access point ..

When I step into my living room, the laptop loses the connection 80% of the time, notwithstanding the fact that my other two laptops (Dell and Sony) have no trouble maintaining a connection at all, and that I can see the signal is relatively strong (4 bars out of 5) .. but while the Intel dialog box can see the network and indicates good strength, when i click on connect (which it prompts me to do after it loses the connection) it simply says it can't connect to the linksys ..

Appreciate any guidance ..

rk

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello rkamfar and welcome to G2G, :tazz:

I need you to answer some default questions, so I can assist you in correctly diagnosing your problem. Please answer the following as best you can:

1) What Operating System are you using? (Please include any Updates or Service Patches)

2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Modem.

3) What IP Configuration do you Use? What IP Configuration does your ISP reccomend? (DHCP / STATIC / ECT...)

4) What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Router / Hub / Switch?

5) For your Wireless connections are you using the WZC (Windows Wireless Zero Configuration) to manage your wireless connectivity or another Third party Program?

6) What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? (Please give full details)

rkamfar

rkamfar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
SpaceCowboy,

reponses to your question are as follows:

1. Windows XP Professional with SP2

2. Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

3. 192.168.1.100 .. my ISP is Roadrunner .. don't know what they recommend .. how do I find out ..

4. Linksys BEFW11S4

5. Using Intel PROset/Wireless .. I have tried shutting it down and using Windows but i have the same issue ..

6. Called Panasonic .. they told me to send in the laptop for a week which is impossible since my work life is 100% on the machine .. they said to run Winsockxpfix to fix any issues with my registry so I did that but it didn't help ..

thanks for your help ..

rk

Edited by rkamfar, 01 March 2006 - 06:05 PM.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello rkamfar,

Have you already tried a Factory Restore on your Router... and also have you tried changing channels on your router (sometimes eliminates interferrence)?