Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows firewall down xp home

• Please log in to reply

ms1ski

ms1ski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running windows XP home with a router connection to cable internet. When checking Security Center I find that my windows firewall is down and it will not allow me to turn it on saying it is control by my Network Administrator. I have my login as the Administrator but still I can't make a change to Firewall. I belive that my router has a firewall potection but I still would like to have windows firewall :tazz: up and running.
This problem was bought to my attenion by a virus attack and tring to clean it up.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
From the list, Kerio, Sygate and Zone alarm are free firewalls and a better option because they will block incoming and outgoing data, against windows firewall which only blocks incoming data

http://www.filehippo...ware/firewalls/

You should only have one firewall running