Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pass Word

• Please log in to reply

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
It's my machine. Using it every day and using it right now. Few year back I had it on my home network with no password. As every body know the way windows me do, pop up a password windows at every start up even there is no password needed, and all I have to do is click enter ot cancel to finish windows boot up. and again, it's my machine, I set it up, I have all control over it and using it everyday.
The problem come up now when I want to use LOG ME IN service. when I try to log onto this machine from remote machine it keep asking for windows network password, which is does not exist, so I can't log in.
Question: Does Any body know What is going on and how to get rid of that stupid password pop up?

Edited by mcpscomp, 26 February 2006 - 01:13 PM.

Advertisements

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
So NO ??????
There have to be some body out there know about this.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Would running the network wizard let you reset the password option

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Good idea
Thanks.
Will try and report back.

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Sory, I did not even have a chance to get to this computer whole week.
Any way
-Tried rerun net work wizard and doesn't work.
-Uninstal and reinstal all the net work components and doesn't work either.
Any body have any more idea? ME is old and short lived opperating system( even though I love to have it on the smaller system because it use so litle resouce compare to XP and have as much control over it as 98). Some time I think I know how it work but obviously there are still things that I don't. The problem is I have that feeling that if I just wipe every thing out and reinstal operating system it should be fix but don't really have time for it. and this is only machine have this problem, that bugs me. I didn't think I did any difference when first install. the only differrence was I puted this machine on my network and took it out.
Any way, this is not some thing that must be fixed. It is more about curious so if any body have any Idea please let me know and NO EMERGENCY.
Thanks

Edited by mcpscomp, 04 March 2006 - 09:52 AM.

svevo

svevo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Try herehttp://www.aumha.org/win5/a/nopwdlog.php also google "How to remove a password request in Windows XP" good luck

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Got it.
It is not the program Svevo Pointed at but the link Svevo gave me had clicked my scrap brain.
The differrence is the log on in network setup. there two option in there, one is primery network log on and the other is windows log on. choose option 1 will get what I get and for option2 you can have no password if you have all user use same setup and you not enter any password for the first time reboot. Stupid me, I put that set up in to get it run with my network then I forgot. My silly excuse for this is "it's been 5 years", stupid eh?
Thanks to every one and especialy Svevo.

Edited by mcpscomp, 05 March 2006 - 09:42 AM.

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
In additional, do not use the TeakUI program (this is the one Svevo's link pointed to). This program will work or not but if it doesn't work, you will run in alot of trouble. I used it before. But it was good to see it again because wasn't for seeing it I my brain would never click.
Thanks again.