Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 homepage

• Please log in to reply

M&JD

M&JD

• Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone tried to use their drive c: in IE7 beta as homepage?

if so how as hte IE6 version of file:///c: :tazz: \ does not work?
help!
thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I do not understand what you are trying to say, could you elaborate

M&JD

M&JD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

anyone tried to use their drive c: in IE7 beta as homepage?

if so how as hte IE6 version of file:///c: :) \ does not work?
help!
thanks

In IE6 is you put the homepage as FILE:///C:\ when you open IE6 it shows the root directory and folders of drive C the hard drive.

If you try to set the homepage in IE7 beta as FILE:///C:\ then it rejects this and will not axccpet it as a page.
All other pages eg HTTP:..... or WWW. will work and the homepage is not hijacked as I have very high anti spyware etc and windows defender. it is not the preventiion that is stopping it work either!

Do you or anyone know what needs to be entered to make IE7 open on the root directory. About blank or google are not my best choices!
Thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First, it's a bad idea--Microsoft removed the ability by default in IE--the lowest possible security setting in ie7 appears to be MEDIUM

You may have some luck by choosing custom and altering the settings under secruity