So I am looking for advice. I have a Sony external DVD writer and a laptop running XP home which I use wirelessly. Idealy I think I would like the following features:
- Daily incremental backup of any files or subfolders in My Documents area (i.e. jpeg's, mpeg's, *.pst, *.mny, *.office 2003..)
- Weekly image of my operating system and installed software so I can just wipe and recopy and be back in buisness in a matter of hours rather than days in the event of a hard disk failure
- A second backup option to my DVD writer, I guess a 'one touch' external hardrive?
- Is it worth having a wireless external hard drive so it is in a different room to my laptop (in case of flood/fire etc..)
- Maybe I should be considering online storage, anyone had any joy with this?
- My budget is US$1,000 (I was prepared to pay more than that to get my hard drive recovered) or maybe I should buy a cheap wireless laptop as a backup unit!?
All adivce gratefully received
P.S. This site rocks This site rocks This site rocks This site rocks This site rocks This site rocks This site rocks