Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Font size very very small

• Please log in to reply

naynay2b

naynay2b

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I turned my computer on this morning and everything was very small. The font, start menu, icons, everything, and now it is very hard to read. How do I change it back to a normal size. I tried playing with the display properties in the control panel but I can't figure it out. Please help ASAP. Thank you

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Well you went to the proper controls --- display properties. Basically, the higher you turn up the 'screen resolution' (slider to the right), the smaller everything will be on the screen. Conversely, sliding it to the left
reduces the resolution and makes everything appear bigger on the screen. For a 15-inch monitor, a res setting of 800 x 600 is usually ok, for a 17-inch you can increase it to 1024 x768 which should look okay. In fact, I manage it even higher (1152 x 864) on my 17-inch to give me that bit more working space.