Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

2k & xp wireless networking

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I used my bandmates toshiba laptop running XP to record a concert last night. 32 bit float, tasty crisp .wav's. Anyhoo, he'd like his comp back as soon as possible. I could spend the time chopping the files into 700 Mb and burn them to disks but these are large files and it will take a lot of time and for 5 hours of stereo music it will take a lot of time.
They're both wireless and I've been trying to set up an ad-hoc connection between the two. I created a connection on my 2K computer which the XP computer can connect to but I can't figure out how to share any files.
I looked thru a few previous posts here but the discriptions were over my head. I really don't know what I'm doing here. From what I can tell so far, 2K and XP don't like to talk to each other but I know there's a way.

If someone can take the time and lay it out in retard terms for me that would be very appreciated.

btw, I didn't recieve any system or network disks with my comp. I also don't have any disks for the XP. Neither computer has a floppy drive. CD-R drive on both comps.

Thank you.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello FeelingMinnesota and welcome to G2G, :tazz:

You said you have already creted the connection for the Xp computer to connect to the 2000 computer, so you have got the basics done. Have you also 1) enabled File and Print share from the TCP/IP properties, 2) Added the IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol from the TCP/IP properties, 3) And lastly enabled folder sharing from My Newtorks.