Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Fantasy XI disc 2 problem

• Please log in to reply

ConfusedKid

ConfusedKid

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
yeah hey there im trying to install Final Fantasy XI on this computer with my sister's discs, i install PlayOnline viewer and tried to install Final Fantasy XI but at 59% it says "Error 1335. the cabinet file Data2.cab required for this installation is corrupted and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, and error from the CD - ROM, or a problem with this package" yeah so any fast help would be appreciated

Advertisements

ConfusedKid

ConfusedKid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ok so a quick update, i have tried the following: Copy discs to Hard drive and tried to install from there, shut off network connections, tried on a new account on this computer, tried in safe mode, and a clean boot. I cant figure out why this wont work....

ConfusedKid

ConfusedKid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hazzaar! Hazzaar! they say its darkest before light, not only did i get no help from G2G but i could not find any answers online, until i read a very interesting post i found, some one had problems with their data1.cab and did they same things i did, what was their solution? get another data1.cab, no need for buy all new set or trading hardware, just borrow a CD from your friend or get a dl from a stranger, well i did a mix of the two, dl data.cab from my sis and replace on Hard drive with other but Hazzaar! I am i wienner! GOME!!!!( GO me)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
congratulations of figuring it out! sorry we couldn't get to you in tie....and thanks for posting the sollution...that way if someone else has the same problem...they can fix it faster with your help!