Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transfering Files

• Please log in to reply

jkklau

jkklau

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi all, :)

Any help is appreciated. Newbie here.

I am planning to switch my desktop computer, so I need to save all my data somewhere.

I am planning to save all my files temporarily in my notebook.

May I know which is the most efficient way to transfer my datas?

1. Can I connect a USB cable from my computer to my notebook and transfer the files?

thanks and regards,
:tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Depending on the amount you need to transfer, you could just burn your data to CDs... or, you could use a flash drive, or you could buy a USB transfer link cable.

Personally, I use a Compaq USB transfer cable whenever I go between my laptop and desktop. This is of course only if I have to transfer large quantities of data... like music. You can find something similar on the internet for $10 - $20. For small data moves, I just use my flash drive (1GB).

1. Can I connect a USB cable from my computer to my notebook and transfer the files?

No, you can't just connect USB to USB... it must be done using some kind of link.

Edited by makai, 27 February 2006 - 02:46 AM.