Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32Time

• Please log in to reply

den01

den01

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi guys,

my comp freezes itself for no reason 5-10 min after starting it. The only thing i can see is on event viewer and it's W32Time (always in pair as event 17 and 29).
First crash was list night (three times), and once this morning.
What seems to be problem and how could I fix it? To me, it looks like everything else is OK.

Thank you very much.

Den

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
When you say "freeze" do you mean you no longer have control of the mouse and keyboard? Does the computer eventually recover or do you have to reboot? Have you recently installed any new hardware or software?

Johanna

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Johanna and thank you for responding.

Well, first last night comp just reboot itself but with black screen – so basically I have to manually switch off/on. Same repeat once more. Third time last night mouse and keyboard didn’t react at all.

This morning it happens once more – afterwards I have unplugged/plugged comp power and in last 4-5 hours its working OK.

I am in office right now, but my wife is at home and everything is fine (womens hand – what else!)

However, as I said every time when this happens it vas error W32Time, both with event 17 and 19. As I can recall, I didn’t do anything silly on comp. for the info, my xp is up to date as well as all utility programs suggested in malware forum on this page.

Thank you for any advice and help.

Regards,

Den