Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

device problem

• Please log in to reply

howell414

howell414

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hello again guys!
Ive been fooling around with my pc, turned it off, and turned it on. went to my computer and cant seem to access the floppy and CD ROM drive. the two icons has (floppy and CD ROM) red "restricted" circles on them. If i place a cd on the drive it says: "administrator has disabled the use of this drive" or something like that and i was logged on as administrator. can anybody please help me and enlighten me on what to do. PLEASE!!!

Advertisements

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i also tried right clicking my computer, going to manage, computer management, device manager. both cd rom drive and floppy drive is not disabled. i dont see any red "x" mark on them. please help me you guys! please!!! im logged on as adminstrator and i dunno what settings i changed. im really stumped on this one!!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
did you change any settings or install anything before this happened?