Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need to get rid of Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
so the title sums this up. when i start the computer, the first thing to pop up after windows loads is a Yahoo Messenger Sign In screen. Yahoo messenger is not an option under add/remove programs, nor is there a start menu group or icon for it.

is there something i can paste into start -> run, or a registry fix i need to do to get rid of this? any help would be much appreciated - i want rid of this program!!!

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Hi there,

Check out this link:

http://help.yahoo.co...sg/mesg-09.html

Are you sure you can't find a yahoo product in the add/remove programs?

If you still can't find it, install Yahoo Messenger from Yahoo.com. This will overwrite the version you have now and hopefully allow you to uninstall it.

Edited by mpfeif101, 27 February 2006 - 10:26 AM.

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
thanks, reinstalling and uninstalling seems to have worked... it definately wasnt showing up in add/remove programs. i think the guy whos machine it is has been deleting folders, etc to uninstall rather than add/remove programs