Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dumb Question

• Please log in to reply

xXxHeatherxXx

xXxHeatherxXx

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
What are the little picture under the word member next to you're loggin name? and why do I have two pictures there now?

Advertisements

canad1an

canad1an

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I believe it shows your 'ranking'...
etc...

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
it shows what kind of helper you are on the site...each member has his or her own talent that he or she can share to other people who need their help. people who are interested in learning about helping others but dont have much computer knowledge usually have Geek In Training under their name to show members as well as moderators and admins that this person made need guidance in their fixes or posts, people who might have a little more knowledge will get the icons for trusted helpers or staff, higher members are either moderators or super staff or the highest of admins usually look over others posts as well, each member is trustable and just helps us make this site a better and more effecient :tazz:

xXxHeatherxXx

xXxHeatherxXx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Can you move up in rank?

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
The more posts you make the more of those things you'll get.

You can also get custom things, like GeekU (our HijackThis school) or Staff (our trusted helpers).

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
How do you get staff?

Thanks

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
you will get your staff badge once you have finished your GeekU training MR0624. once you have "graduated" you will then have the staff listting instead of the Geek U badge you currently have.

Look forward to helping you learn what you need to know so that you may move up in teh ranks.

Jacamus

Jacamus

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

you will get your staff badge once you have finished your GeekU training MR0624. once you have "graduated" you will then have the staff listting instead of the Geek U badge you currently have.

Look forward to helping you learn what you need to know so that you may move up in teh ranks.

View Post

Suggestion:

We should petition "them" to have the official spelling of 'the' changed to 'teh'. I cannot count the number of times I have done it myself and how many times I have read it in an email or on a forum.

Thanks for letting my 2 cents in.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
:tazz:

Then you ought to see my own dictionary ;)

;)

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

View Post

Is that including or excluding 'UpperClassmen'?
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
that is including upper.
Upper classmen get a GeekU badge, not a Staff badge. you can see the difference between my staff badge and an Upper badge.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
One small problem, each time I tell someone I meet that I am at the Hijackthis school on the Internet, they think I am learning to be a terrorist.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't forget about us TTs efwis.... you can also be a trusted tech by showing that you are able to help troubleshoot non malware issues as well.....so if you don't really have the interest in the tedium and hairpulling involved with malware....just start making some good posts and helping out when you see a problem you know how to fix....we always keep our eyes open for new members to help with the non malware stuff

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

One small problem, each time I tell someone I meet that I am at the Hijackthis school on the Internet, they think I am learning to be a terrorist.

View Post

Same, all my friends at school think that I will join terrorists!! But im like it has to do with computers!!

xXxHeatherxXx

xXxHeatherxXx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Could you please stop asking and answering other questions on this thread? I keep getting emails. I'm sure it says on the website that you should not start a different question on the same thread as it could get confusing. Or maybe I am mistaken. :tazz:

Edited by xXxHeatherxXx, 20 August 2005 - 04:38 AM.