Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Parts for new rig. Feedback appreciated

• Please log in to reply

Boyo

Boyo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I was going to configure a PC through CyberPower, but it didn't give me enough in the way of hardware selection. So, what's left? Build it myself......Here is what I have picked. Any thoughts are welcomed.....

NZXT Lexa ATX Mid Tower
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD X2 4400+
(2x) eVGA 256 Geforce 7800GT 445MHz - I know, the ATI X1900XT is faster, but I don't have the money for crossfire.
Corsair XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) Twinx2048-3200C2PRO
(2x) Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA 160GB
LITE-ON DVD/CD Burner with Lightscribe
Enermax 600W Noisetaker

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks good but i wouldnt go with an Asus mobo because of there poor reputation for Nforce4 mobos. Also its not a good time to be forking out for dual gfx card setups right now as DX10 is coming out this summer and you can bet youll be wantin a DX10 card.

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
So the GFX cards won't be compatible with DX10???? I didn't know that. I feel like throwing my currect Dell out the window, it is so mired in problems. When do you suggest would be a better time to build? Do you know anything about the 7900's coming out? Are they going to be out of a "normal" person's budget??? I've set aside $2K, and the parts I picked out meet that......

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
The 7900 GT cost the same as the 7800 GT as i heard and dont trow away ur old dell Use it as a server and if you dont want to you can just give it to me i could use a server i could use a few actually =).