Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD drive prob please please help!

• Please log in to reply

lothiaz

lothiaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello

For a long time now I have had a problem with my PC's DVD drive. Right let me explain:

My DVD drive use to obviously play DVD's and CD's. But now the DVD drive only plays CD's (music, games - anything on CD rom format). It won't play DVD format games nor DVD movies, basically anything in DVD format it won't read/play.

I thought it could of been just the movie or games I tried to run from the drive. But it's any DVD. I've asked some people elsewhere and all they have recommended is to install codecs (which I have tried) or uninstall it, restart, then let Windows auto install it (which I've also tried). But the darn DVD drive still won't read/play DVD's.

As you are obviously not here to see what happens. Basically the DVD drive attempts to read and read the DVD with the green light lit on the drive. But never actually reads it. After about 5 minutes it stops reading it. I checked 'My Computer' to see if the drive had read it. I double click on the DVD drive icon, but it says ''Please insert a Disk into Drive H:'' (H: Is the name of the drive).

I'm running Windows XP PRO. And below are screenshots of the DVD drive properties:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Could someone Please help me here!!

Will be very very grateful

Advertisements

FGM

FGM

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try this http://www.divx.com/divx/ if that dosnt work and you dont mind spending money try this http://www.cyberlink...main_1_ENU.html or

goofoff

goofoff

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Lothiaz,

I share your frustration! I have an LG DVD Burner (GSA-4081B) on XP Win Home and whenever I load a disk ( DVD, DVD+RW, DVD+R, CD-R, CD-RW, audio-cd or whatever) the burner spins for a little while and then stops.Then when I open Windows Explorer and click on the D: drive the "Please insert a disk into Drive D:" error pops up even though there is a disk in the drive already! Device Manager shows that the DVD Writer is enabled and working properly on drive D. I am totally frustrated by what's going on here and and have not been able to come up with a solution! You're not alone!