Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't activate/install the fax services

• Please log in to reply

zed_avery

zed_avery

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi. i've got a problem on installing the fax services from my computer. it asks for fxscfgwz.dll file during the windows component set up wizard but i haven't got the operating system's cd as i bought the computer with everything already up and running.

please help me. thanks

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Do a search on your computer for the file fxscfgwz.dll. It should be in the C:\windows\system32\dllcache folder. If you have it, then try running the install again, and when widows asks for the file, direct it to the above mentioned folder.

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi. thanks for your reply. i ran the search for the file but there were no results. i also tried looking for the dllcache folder but there's no such folder in C:\windows\system32. is there any other means to get that file?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry, the file is probably hidden. It is a protected system file. The dllcache folder is also hidden. To be able to find the file, you will need to unprotect system files/folders.

Open any folder and in the menu, got to Tool and select Folder Options.
In the Folder Options window, select the View tab
Scroll down the options and select Show hidden files and folder
Scroll down and uncheck Hide protected Operating system files... you will receive a warning... just confirm yes
Click on Apply, then OK.

You should now be able to see the C:\windows\system32\dllcache folder, and also find the file fxscfgwz.dll.

Let me know how it goes. If you cannot find the file, perhaps I can attach a copy here.

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hei. i found the dllcache folder after i unchecked that thing. BUT, the fxscfgwz.dll file is not there! i also tried reinstalling my microsoft office cd but it didn't do any good. i guess it really needs the OS CD, and this i don't have.

if you can attach the file here, i'll try if it will work.

thanks so much for your help.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Here you go.

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hei, that's done, thank you very much.

but it asks for another file: fxsclntR.dll

have you got this as well?

so sorry for being such a pain.

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
here,

i have also included 1 other file that is also a fax .dll file fxsroute.dll (think you might need it)Attached File  fax_dll_files.zip   57.31KB   85 downloads

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hei, thanks. i've finally installed it.

thanks so much for your help!