Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Exploder problem

• Please log in to reply

ScrubJ

ScrubJ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I was setting up my internet connection on my IBM T42 WinXP Pro laptop I some how managed to set something so that IE loads on start up. I've run msconfig and can't find any mention of it in the start up tab. Any ideas? Should I post this on the OS section?

TIA
Keith

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello, Welcome to GeeksToGo!

The startup for IE is probably in the RUN key of HKLM in the registry... however, a lot of times IE loading on startup is an indication of a malware infection. Please go HERE and follow the directions/recommedations. If any of it indicates that malware is present on your computer, please create a post in the MALWARE FORUM explaining what the problems are.

ScrubJ

ScrubJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Will get back, very busy. The computer in question is a lap top purchased directly from IBM/Lenovo. Little has been installed as I use this as my work (teach a class) computer. I think I did something when I set up my dial up connection.

Thanks again
Keith