Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions from user "SJ Danny"

• Please log in to reply

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Questions from user "SJ Danny" via private message (please post questions in forum).

Right Now I have Pinnacle Studio 10 and im getting pretty mad because its closing on me. I was wondering what is the best known Video Editor right now, I am getting Adobe Preimere Pro 2.0

Do u know of any other video editor in whihc i can choose the size of the outcoming file sort of like Windows Movie Maker.
Its because I don't want to make a short video that is like 2 GB (That has happened to me)

Thanks

Hi,

Did you want to try and solve the problem of why its closing on you?

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 - it is very good. I presume 2.0 is better.

A good method i use before buying video software or hardware is to decide what i need it to do, then i tell someone my needs and they tell me what software/hardware can achieve this, so lets us know your needs if you want.

Here are some free video editors (thanks to keith): http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=69060

Here are some commercial video editors: http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=66038

Do u know of any other video editor in whihc i can choose the size of the outcoming file sort of like Windows Movie Maker.
Its because I don't want to make a short video that is like 2 GB (That has happened to me)

To make a video smaller you use a codec. The codec will compress your video, making it less quality, but smaller file size. I know that a lot of video editing programs can export video using a codec, I would presume that they all can. Although a program I like to use is Sorensen squeeze to make video files much smaller, you will have to buy it though. There are other free compression software apps out there though.

Hopefully I have answered your question, Let me know if you have any more!
St22

Advertisements

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Is there any specific Codec I should be looking for?

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
im not really sure, i have not looked into this area very much, i use ones like
* windows media video - WM Video V9
* Sorenson Video 3 Pro

then what you do with these is change the data rates where 48Kbps data rate would give small file size and low quality video, and 1600 would give better quality video, larger file size, but still a lost smaller then the "DV codec"

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Alright Thanks, Well so far Adobe Preimere Pro 2.0 is way better than Pinnacle Studio 10, the only thing is i am having trouble, putting audio from videos (Its a Music Video) and I can't seem to figure out why.

Well from know on i will use this for all those school projects
thanks again
Late