Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brute Force Hacking

• Please log in to reply

oskarus

oskarus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I really wanna know something , so i feel safe

How long would a brute force hacker need , with a best program to hack a 8 digit password , with alphabets lower and upercase and numbers , so 62 diferent signs

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there oskarus, welcome to GTG forums.

Trust me you safe, it should take a couple of months. If you using 8 characters with numbers, upper and lower case letters. Try using some special characters like "@$%&^*(" that should make it even more secure.

Cool :tazz:

NOTE: Nothing is impossible

Swandog46

Swandog46

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • MVP
Most brute-force password hacking relies on so-called "dictionary attacks", that utilize the fact that most passwords are roughly based on real words that can be found in the dictionary. This greatly reduces the number of passwords the program needs to try. If you really do use other symbols @ $ ! etc, that cannot be found in a dictionary, and you have an eight letter password, the program would need to try 62^8 possible passwords.... do the math yourself; it would take a while. :tazz:

sweft

sweft

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
But also be upto date on everything. There are alot of expolits to bipass passwords but it also is on what your pword protecting.