Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lotus Notes help

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Dont know where else to put this question on this forum. :)

Im trying to move a users Lotus Notes from one pc to a new pc. This means i have to save all their files from the old pc and put them on the new one.

Has anyone got an idea how to do this or has anyone got any links on this subject?

Thanks for the help. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
moving the data depends on where Notes is configured to store it

a typical cofniguration puts notes data in C:\Lotus\Notes\Data, but it could be anywhere

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
including a network share

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Gerry thanks for your help concerning my problem witht he Java Installer.
It worked a treat! :tazz:

So concerning Loutus Notes.

I need to go to C:Program File\Lotus\Notes\Data and copy everything in the DATA folder?????

Then go to the new computer and into C:Program File\Lotus\Notes and paste all the saved files (except notes.ini) into the DATA folder....will i over ride whats already in there?????

Then do i need to edit the notes.ini file to read C:Program File\Lotus\Notes\Data ????

And thats it. Then just set up the user on Lotus Notes?