Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to create an Association Folder

• Please log in to reply

gonridin

gonridin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I create an Association in Folder Options control panel? :tazz:

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Open My Computer

Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types Tab

Click New. insert the files extension(Ex.    .exe .zip)
Make sure that you place the . before the three letter extension.

Highlight the new extension, click Advanced. You can set a icon for the extension, by clicking Change Icon. Click New, in the Action box type Open. Then click Browse, go and find the program that will open up the file types. Hope that this helps.

gonridin

gonridin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
To D Hooper

Sorry I don't even know how to reply properly to you. I am trying to open my e-mail which used to work most of the time until I downloaded SP2. I am trying to open a file with .jpg which I used to be able to open. I tried what you said but the Error that I get says. This action is only valid for products currently installed. I tried to reset all defaults but I obviously dont know what I am doing.

Gonridin

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Ok first, you are to reply to me as person who is in need of computer help. You are not to treat me any differnet then anyone else. Like you, Im also human and even give wrong information to those that I help.

Now with that cleared Open My Computer

Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types Tab

Now scroll down and select JPG, and click Change. You will now get a window with a list of programs. If the program that you are looking for isnt there, then click Browse. Find the program that you want to open JPGs and click Open. Close the window and try opening a JPG file. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 22 February 2005 - 11:58 AM.

gonridin

gonridin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
THANKS IT WORKED. DO YOU KNOW IF I HAVE TO CHANGE THINGS LIKE THAT EACH TIME I GET AN E-MAIL THAT I CAN'T OPEN?

:tazz: ;)