Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ultrium tape drive 448 internal issue

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi All,

i am trying to solve this problem from the last three weeks.

finally i came here where all gurus like u can see my problem and help me

Problem:
ML 350 G5 SAS server has one Ultrium tape drive SCSI 448 internal with Seperate HBA SC11Xe Host Bus Adapter installed with SCSI cables.

It is detected in windows device manager but it is not detected in library and tape tools as well as in ntbackup.

To detect it in library and tape tools we must stop removable storage service. i stopped and checked still it is not detected in library and tape tools.

and to detect it in ntbackup. we must enable removable storage service. i tried but it is not detected in backup software.

there is no other backup software installed. i claimed warranty for both tape drive as well HBA Card and replaced but same issue. i.e detected in windows device manager but not in both softwares.

did other troubleshooting..but no solution
is it problem with windows or software or hardware. where both hardware are new , after warranty claim.

i need your help. thank you in advance.

thank you
noor parkar
UAE

Advertisements