Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

um one other question? vista key...

• Please log in to reply

kotak77

kotak77

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
i no we can use the same key in RC1 and in RC2..but wat bout the final release..will they give people that were in that customer program that they have another key or will we have to buy it..cuz im in that customer program and i have the rc1 and rc2 key and i just wanna know if theyll give us another 1 for the final or will we have to get a whole new key..and wen do rc1 and rc2 stop working..and wat do they mean by stop working..like it wont start up anymore or there are no updates and things

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Well you certainly won't get an RTM key. As for stop working it will just go into a reduced functioanlity mode and you won't be able to do much (browse the web is about it really)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You will be able to upgrade from RC1 and RC2 to the retail version (available Jan 30th).

Windows Vista RC1 & RC2 are time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.

Edited by admin, 08 November 2006 - 02:05 PM.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
arite so i upgraded to rc2 so..does that mean that rc2 wont get reduced to a functionality mode?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Edited my post. RC1 and RC2 will both expire. Sorry, Microsoft is not going to give Vista away. :whistling:

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
oh that suks..atleast ill be able to upgrade and does that mean that the key they gave us will expire 2? or does that mean that ii can use the same key to upgrade

Edited by kotak77, 08 November 2006 - 02:08 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
When you purchase a retail version, you'll get a new key which will be used to upgrade your release candidate.