Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unmountable_boot_volume error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

beefy3s

beefy3s

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I have a sony vaio laptop vgn-sz220 with xp. When starting my computer, I get the blue screen of death with a unmountable_boot_volume error. I tried running it in safe mode or in the last known good configuration, but when all of the drivers are loading up in the black screen it stops at windows/drivers/tdi.sys.

I tried booting it from the xp boot cd I downloaded, but when I am in BIOS, there is no option to boot from cd or dvd rom.

I contacted sony technical support and told me to run the recovery unitlity wizard that is loading into all sony vaio laptops. But, when I run the recovery utility wizard, it only loads like 1/8 when i get the following message:
file setupdd.sys could not be loaded.
the error code is 4125.

setup cannot continue. press any key to exist.

I do not want to run the recovery cds because I have very important files on my hard drive.

Any suggestions on how to fix it or at least retrieve my files??? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements