Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

whenever i load a full screen app my screen goes grey

• Please log in to reply

sitrik

sitrik

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, i'm new here so i'm not exactly sure what to say but, whenever i load a game (that i have the right specs for) that is full screen my laptop monitor goes dark grey then slowly turns a lighter grey and i cant do anything but i still get the audio of the game. What do i do?

by the way my warranty is up and i can use other full screen apps but apparently just not games

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what are your system specs and what games?

sitrik

sitrik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i think it might be something up with my video (graphics) card what do you guys think?

warcraft 3, guild wars, city of heroes (sometimes), etc don't work but starcraft broodwar and some other games work

my specs: hp pavilion laptop 512 ram 120gb hard drive running xp media center and my video card is ATI mobility radeon x600

Edited by sitrik, 30 June 2009 - 02:31 PM.

sitrik

sitrik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump, please help

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
older games work fine while only slightly newer games are not working well. Could be they are just enough to challenge your system. Could be that you have a hw issue. Why don't you run this : http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest
Choose Warcraft Frozen Throne for the test.

Report back your results.