Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply

SPIRCO

SPIRCO

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi: guys

I am new here and I don't know much about pc. I got a gateway laptop(I think I gave the specific in my registration but if need further info let me know).

This thing is make work imposoble for me. Its' running too slow and it has taken away some options.
For example, I can't no longer change my desktop directly from my display. My display propertys only has "screen saver & settings options"

I ran Macfee and this is her response:

The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dlll
is infected by the w32\Alemod.e.dlll virus
and cannot be cleaned.

I have't don't much cause I have read that i need to restar in safe mode and type some specifc commands. But in all the ads that I have read in your forums I read but, system32(andsomething else) I don't read anything about systemnd 32\Alemod.
So I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. I am so confused.

I get paid this friday and I will buy some extra 128mb and an antivirus.
Any sugestions on how can I put my pc to perform 100% better .
Everything will be apriciated, I don't count with much money but I am willing to pay something for help.

Thanks
SPIRCO

Attached Thumbnails

• MetallicaKid.JPG

Advertisements

SPIRCO

SPIRCO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
12162_b_1_.JPG :woot: Hi: guys

I am new here and I don't know much about pc. I got a gateway laptop(I think I gave the specific in my registration but if need further info let me know).

This thing is make work imposoble for me. Its' running too slow and it has taken away some options.
For example, I can't no longer change my desktop directly from my display. My display propertys only has "screen saver & settings options" :woot:

I ran Macfee and this is her response:

The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dlll
is infected by the w32\Alemod.e.dlll virus
and cannot be cleaned. :woot:

I have't don't much cause I have read that i need to restar in safe mode and type some specifc commands. But in all the ads that I have read in your forums I ee system32(andsomething else) I don't read anything about systemnd 32\Alemod.
So I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. I am so confused.

I get paid this friday and I will buy some extra 128mb and an antivirus.
Any sugestions on how can I put my pc to perform 100% better .
Everything will be apriciated, I don't count with much money :tazz: but I am willing to pay something for help.

Thanks
SPIRCO :)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed: Duplicate Post

Murray

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there

First off, this site does not charge for helping you. It is run and staffed by volunteers, trained in dealing with these problems.

So to get you started,

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the START HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.