Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird Displays in HTML Source Code

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Feb 15, 2008 3pm est

Hi GTG Techs,

I use Mozilla's mail server 'Thunderbird' with my safe-mail.net account. Been using it for years. Now a quirky problem has arisen which is baffling me.

Opening any e-mail that is already in the inbox displays it as an HTML source code usually displays, when you click that menu option in any browser. My Thunderbird settings are View > Character Encoding > Auto-detect OFF; radio button on Western (ISO-8859-1). I'm pretty sure this is how it always was.

Going to Tools > Options > Display tab shows nothing irregular....nor do any of the settings in 'Options', or account settings.

All I know is that it worked fine until I downloaded a batch of new mail and maybe clicked open a junk or spam item, now long deleted. It started after that. I ran my updated AVG virus scanner specifically on C:\Program Files\Thunderbird and came up with nothing. I can run more scans, which I'll do, but I wonder if there is a quick fix or any useful advice I might garnish from a GTG Posting. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks, U R the best -

-scottportraits

Advertisements

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Feb 18, 2008

This matter has been traced to malware damage, so it is no longer an e-mail/browser issue.

Hence, this topic will close here in this forum.

As an XP OS issue, the topic can be found at this link:

http://www.geekstogo...ns-t187994.html

Thank you one and all,

-scottportraits