Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WPD Filesystem Volume Driver

• Please log in to reply

duckpkl

duckpkl

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I tried to plug in my camera to pull of the pictures. I kept getting an error that the device drivers could not be installed. I then went to my sons computer which is exactly the same as mine and it worked. I then came back to mine and tried again and nothing. I called Kodak they put me through a bunch of steps and a download and nothing. I had an ! mark next to my camera in device manager. Now there is one next to Mircrosoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver. I have read on some forums and such but nothing clear on what to do about fixing this problem or what I am to download to fix the issue. All I want to do is plug my camera in and pull my pictures off. My SD reader is not even working. This is occuring under Portable Devices in device manager, it is also giving a (code 10). Hope this means something. Thank for the help in advance.

When I did some research on this I found that it had something to do with the service pack 1 for vista. I also have called Microsoft, my computer manufacture and got no where there. I am also getting updates for windows which I have installed but it keeps giving me the same one over and over again. It has now installed 7 of the same thing today. Is there a conflicting issue with vista software or any idea whats going on?

Ty

Edited by duckpkl, 29 April 2008 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Ty
does your sons computer have sp1 for vista ? If not then uninstall sp1
Click on me

If he has sp1 then you could try the hotfix from Microsoft. Beware a hotfix may cause trouble
Read Me
Apply for hotfix.
Have you tried to uninstall WPD driver and then reboot. It should ask to reinstall driver.
Cheers
Peterm

duckpkl

duckpkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
My sons computer is working with the camera and all just fine, it is my computer that is having the issue. His computer does have the SP1 and so does mine. The problem is that in device manager under portable devices is this WPD silesystem volume driver I have uninstalled it drivers have all been updated but it is still giving me the yellow triangle with the exclamation point. This morning when I turned the computer back on it downloaded drivers for it again but it is still with the ! mark.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Did this happen after SP1 or did the computer come with SP1 if it happened after SP1 then uninstall Sp1
Any Difference.
Did you try the hotfix ?
Cheers
Peterm

duckpkl

duckpkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Sorry I was not able to get back to you till today. The computer took a crash. The issue did not start till after I installed SP1 and I uninstalled it but in the HJT log it is still showing it. It is in the shop now and they are having a hard time with it. They can not find the issue. I will keep you posted on the progress if you would like so you know what happened. Thanks for all you have tried to do for me.

Best Regards
Tylene

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
If they could supply an answer that would be great
Cheers
peterm

duckpkl

duckpkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Well the computer is back and seemed to be ok for a while now I am having like 5 min load up times. Probably not related. Here is what they told me was the issue...
Windows updates were installing so it was saying but it wasn't actually in there. They deleted those updates and reinstalled. They said they cant really give me an answer as to what it was or how it happened since they have never seen something like this before. The last update I recieved on my comp right before they called to tell me it was done was they were going to do a clone. All portable ports are working now and windows updates seem to be fine. They did not wipe the system but really havent given me anything as to what they actually did. I have a call into them to find specifics.