Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flash player

• Please log in to reply

aven_steph

aven_steph

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok so this problem has been bugging me for ever and i can never seem to fix it no matter what i do. my flash player doesnt work with IE, its installed and it says its installed and when i install it again it STILL says that i need to download flash anytime im on a website that requires it. it works fine with firefox but thats it. please help me fix this ive looked at old posts all over and nothing helps no matter what i do.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello aven_steph,

Use the utility and the following instructions to uninstall flash:
How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control

Make sure you close all open windows (including IE) prior to running the utility. Once completed, use the following instructions to install flash again:
Adobe Flash Player Download Center - Windows

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Ax

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
no it didnt work....just firefox has it, like it was before. except this time i dont have it at all for IE...at least before i could only watch videos on youtube, but now its like i dont have it, just for firefox like i said before

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
aven_steph

You will have to uninstall and reinstall both in Firefox and IE. They use different versions of the same pluggin.

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
i uninstalled both in firefox and in IE

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Let's run through some possible fixes (once/if the issue is fixed, leave off following the rest of the instructions):
  • I trust you've already made sure your system is virus and spyware free, if not, please let me know
  • After doing the uninstall as per the instructions above, go to the C:\Windows\System32 directory and delete the folder called Macromed. You'll probably have to exit any web browsers you have open first. Try installing again after the folder is deleted.
  • Use the same instructions as before to uninstall the Flash Player, but this time use the following link to install it again (direct download link):
    Full Flash Player
  • In IE, go to Tools | Internet Options, select the Advanced tab, and click the Reset... button. Confirm the reset and then reinstall the Adobe Flash player.
Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 18 November 2007 - 12:31 AM.

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
thank you so much :) ...ive been trying to fix that problem forever and you just fixed it in a while...thank you everything seems to be working now :) !

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) No problem at all! I'm glad that it helped. Which step, if I may ask, worked for you?

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
the second one :)

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Thanks, thought so :)