Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hijacker browser [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

NURSEDIX

NURSEDIX

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i run all the spyware and antiviruses. and fixed a few entries with hijack this but it still keeps poping up. one of the free scans says it is win active. i don't see it listed in the hijack log.

thanks so much. i thoiught i posted this yesterday. but, i must have not posted correctly.

here is the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:03:04 AM, on 7/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpfsched] C:\WINDOWS\hpfsched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAdware] "C:\Program Files\NoAdware\NoAdware.exe" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe /startupscan
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = ?
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnote...ad/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {26CBF141-7D0F-46E1-AA06-718958B6E4D2} - http://download.ebay.../US/install.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by20fd.bay20....es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1096387874282
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

I am working on your log. As soon as I made a good fix for this, I will post a reply. Thank you for your patience.

It is highly recommended that you install your HijackThis Tool in a safe location where you can easily find them. It is suggested you place them in C:\HJT, that way it could create backups necessary for future restore.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

It is highly recommended that you install your HijackThis Tool in a safe location where you can easily find them. It is suggested you place them in C:\HJT, that way it could create backups necessary for future restore.

====================================

1.) If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Do NOT run the scan yet!

2.) Please download [ Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 ].

1. Install Spybot S&D, accepting the Default Settings
2. In the Menu Bar at the top of the Spybot window you will see 'Mode'. Make certain that 'default mode' has a check mark beside it.
3. Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
4. Click the button to ‘Search for Updates’ then download and install the Updates.
5. Once the update is complete, do NOT run the scans yet.
6. Close Spybot S&D

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
(How to boot in Safe Mode...)
====================================
Please close all remaining windows, disconnect from the internet, open HijackThis then click SCAN. Please put a check on the following items listed below:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"

MessengerPlus - third party MSN Messenger extension that adds a number of useful features. Bundles the hard to remove C2Media LOP adware; the software does offer you a choice during setup: make sure to install MessengerPlus WITHOUT that "sponsor program"!

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAdware] "C:\Program Files\NoAdware\NoAdware.exe" /s

This is a rogue application, read here: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-s...re.htm#naw_note

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe /startupscan

Make sure to double check the items you have selected, then click Fix Checked.
=====================================
  • Uninstallation
    We need to uninstall the following programs:
  • Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
  • Please locate if they exist
    • NoAdware
    • Messenger Plus 3
  • Click Uninstall
  • Confirm with OK
1.) Now run Ad-Aware with full system scan. Save a report.

1. Open Spybot, next click the button ‘Check for Problems'
2. When Spybot is complete, it will be showing ‘RED’ entries bold 'Black' Entries and ‘GREEN’ entries in the window
3. Make certain there is a check mark beside all of the RED entries ONLY.
4. Choose ‘Fix Selected Problems’ and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
5. Save a report.

Through Windows Explorer, delete the following folder(s) or files(s) if they exist (in bold):
  • C:\Program Files\NoAdware
  • C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3
Finally, Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot to Normal Mode.
=======================================
Once in NORMAL MODE.

To make sure it is perfectly clean let us have the final check.
  • Close all windows, open HijackThis then SCAN.
  • Post a NEW HijackThis Log.
  • Post a lod from Ad-Aware and Spybot
  • Please tell me how your system is working now.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.