Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: May 28 2009 11:25 AM
  • Last Updated: Jul 12 2017 02:00 AM
  • File Size: 438KB
  • Views: 2612741
  • Downloads: 1,302,374

Download TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer

* * * * - 11 Votes
oldtimer

Screenshots

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

Please note TFC is not suitable for use on Windows 8.1 or 10

Donation Information:
TFC is 100% free. However, it is the result of significant investments of time and effort by OldTimer. If you find his tools helpful, and would like to support his efforts, please consider a donation. Since you can't buy him a cup of coffee, simply click the Paypal button below:

Posted Image

Does this work with Windows 7 64bit?
I'm searching the forums, and still haven't found any explanations as to why TFC would cause the PC to freeze during the reboot. I'm having to do a hard restart every time I use TFC now. What's the deal?
Photo
johnbigbootie89
Jul 21 2011 06:41 AM
Can TFC be run on an external hard drive? I love this software.
Hi,
New Mac user here and probably a stupid question but can it be installed on Mac or, is there any similar recommended to Mac users? Thanks...
Photo
Barry McLaren
Nov 05 2011 11:04 AM

After you click save, you should be able to select the location to save it.

I'm having the same problem. After running the download, TFC ran on my computer and then advised that I had to reboot. After doing so, the same display appeared calling for a reboot???
The program worked perfectly on my Windows 7 X86 compuer. It does reset my file view settings back to default (do not show file extensions for known file types, do not show hidden files, etc. That, in itself is not a problem as it is easy to reset them as I like them to be. Great little program. Thanks. Ras
Above is shown an update on May 26. I don't understand what the update was.
The program version itself and also the program's file size have both been the same since I downloaded TFC March of last year, 2011, and Feb. of this year, 2012, I also downloaded again just yesterday, June 6, 2012, they are all the same as for both points: Version: v3.1.7.0 and File Size: 436 KB.

http://s1.bild.me/bi...tfc_version.png

I would appreciate clarification as to the following being shown:
Last Updated: May 26 2012 04:13 PM

After all, we look for a new version to get and download it, if it is a new version. OK?

If the update means something else, like if it was just this web page that was updated, maybe make that clear, instead of making it seem like the program was updated, or if the program was updated, maybe make that clear too, since same version numbers exactly make it seem the same version, funnily enough, ;)
or, why have version numbers?

Thank you. :)
Good question. Currently, the "last updated" date reflects when this download web page was last updated, not when the application was updated by the developer. The description of this page was last edited May 26th.

It's actually more complex, it depends on where each file is hosted, but we have an update due soon that will always show when the file is last updated, instead of the web page.
This just crashed my Win 7 64-bit laptop.

Do I need to alter any settings to get it to work?
Photo
penelopepony
Aug 22 2012 03:07 PM
I share a pc, and I <3 this SO much, it's on my USB for a quick reminder to WHAT I HAVE to have 4 new hard drive, pc, borrowed pc... It & PANDA USB check. I've used it for & Panda 4 2 yrs. almost daily. I'm BLONDE so if I can use it, anyone can :D

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

16 user(s) are online (in the past 120 minutes)

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP