Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer lags and Pandascan found a virus(W32/Oscarbot.IF.worm)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

frozenthunder

frozenthunder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i deleted the file and havent had anymore BSOD(blue screen of death? am i right?)

could it be possible the bsod came because my computer might be aging?(hardware problems?) i bought my
PC back in 2003....

Advertisements

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Yeah BSOD means what you thought, as for aging, it's certainly possible nothing lasts forever. One other reason may be heat, have you ever cleaned the inside of the case? dust loves to get into pc cases which can cause a heat build up, be very careful if you undertake this task CLICK HERE to read a very good tutorial on how to do this.
It's difficult to proceed without the error code, however try this and maybe we'll see what it is.

Click START-->RUN and type EVENTVWR.MSC and hit ENTER.

Look under SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS for items with RED X's that happened at the SAME time as your problem...List them here.

Andy :whistling:

frozenthunder

frozenthunder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
under system,

type:error
date:1/11/2007
time:8.58.38AM
source:system error
category:(102)
event:1003
user:N/A

under applications,

type:error
date:1/11/2007
time:12.02.03PM
source:application error
category:none
event:1000
user:N/A

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
That looks to be a hardware problem, I suggest you start a new thread in the hardware forum, tell them you have been helped here and post a link to this thread.

Andy :whistling:

frozenthunder

frozenthunder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Alright then! Thanks for all the help!

:whistling:

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.